Fine jewelry is a precious possession that is designed and crafted to last a lifetime. However, proper care is required to assure the lasting qualities of your jewelry. Below are some guidelines for the care and cleaning of your fine jewelry:
• Store jewelry in a clean, dry place.
• Keep jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers. If you prefer to use ordinary boxes, wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper.
• Don’t jumble jewelry in a drawer or jewelry case. Pieces can scratch each other.
• Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can easily go down the drain.
• Visit Michael’s Custom Jewelry at least once a year to have your jewelry checked for loose prongs, worn mountings, and general wear and tear.
• Visit Michael’s Custom Jewelry every six months to have your jewelry professionally cleaned.
• There are many types of ultrasonic cleaners on the market that will clean jewelry in minutes using high-frequency sound. They can be a convenient way to quickly clean your jewelry at home. However, ultrasonic cleaners can damage some jewelry and prolonged use may loosen gemstones from their mountings. Michael’s Custom Jewelry can tell you if an ultrasonic cleaning machine is right for your jewelry wardrobe and, if it is, recommend an appropriate model.
For more information visit the official Jewelry Information Center.